Friday, December 16, 2011

Herding Cats


“Herding Cats” happens to be a favorite phrase of mine, especially when faced with an organizational nightmare slipping rapidly out of control. In my past life, I held the cat herding title and rounded those little suckers up, in the figurative sense.

This morning, my youngest canine companion took up the reigns - literally. Our neighbor has an exploding population of feral cats. Pip decided to chase them.

Unfortunately, when tempted with the promise of capturing something his recall is not the best (it doesn’t exist). In turn, I chased Pip through the back yard to the neighbor’s tumbledown garage where a pride of mini-lions were expressing their displeasure at his intrusion.

Praying that the excitement didn’t inspire Pip to leave a “present” on our neighbor’s lawn, I snagged his collar and tried to pull him away. The drama overwhelmed one little lion to the point that he/she decided to attack and managed to land on Pip’s back. I shouldn’t have laughed, but I did. Karma will get you every time.

The bright note in this adventure, aside from watching the canine rodeo is that when we went outside for the noon “break,” Pip showed no inclination to check out the cats. I will re-claim my title as family cat herder until he decides to challenge me again.


Look at that face, he can't wait to challenge me again ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment